Posted by: Sophina









Loves- Retro/Vintage Anythings Crafts

Interests- Photography/Textiles/Illustrations

Envies-pretty girls that I love to look at/clothes that I wish I had designed 

Inspirations- Colour/Pattern 





Patch to Patch







Patchworks are my new craze phase, they are a craft that I think could never be dated whether its used as a cover or a wallhanging. The materials to make these can be from anything, which I think is another element that can always make them look modern. The images above I love as they each have individual look, but all look homely and humble. 


I think especially at a time like this where financially many of us are "stitching" our pockets up and saving pennies that this craft could cost us nothing. Many patchworks are machined stitched ,but that is only a teeny tiny factor as hand stitched patchworks are just as effective. A benefit with hand stitched is that it can be done on the comfort of anywhere, not sat at a desk on a machine and take as long as you wanted. I think its also a lovely project to do with any kiddies. 


Idea: If collected any old clothing or any materials that have meaning over the years. This can be a lovely way to display these as a memory piece. 











This entry was posted on 10:07 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment